There a few tricks I have learned over the years that make my
day week life run more smoothly!
2) Make my bed every day! As soon as I hop out of bed, I turn around and pull up the covers. It does not have to be perfect! I find that if my bed is made, I am more likely to keep the rest of my room picked up.
3) Get dressed and put on a bra. I know that is a little personal. However I think it is an important part of finding routine and peace in my day. For years I had a very bad habit of staying in my PJ's and bathrobe all day. This was not the most welcoming thing for my poor husband to see when he arrived home. I was really not doing a good job of showing love to him by greeting him this way. I also was not nearly as productive! Getting dressed and putting on a bra really does make a difference.
4) Do a load of laundry. The only way I can stay on top of our never ending mountain of laundry is if I do at least 1 load every day. This really only takes a few minutes to do, and it saves me so much time over the course of the week if I just stay on it.
5) Wipe down my sinks and toilets daily. I am not always good at doing this every day. I have found with little boys in the house though, I really have to wipe the toilet seat and floor around the toilet VERY often. I keep up with this pretty well in our downstairs powder room. This way I always have a clean bathroom for people to use. This process of wiping down literally takes me about 30 seconds. I use disinfectant wipes and quickly swipe everything down. SO EASY!
6) Sweep the kitchen floor. With children in the house this is a MUST! I actually could probably say do this after every meal (including snacks) but really once a day is about as much as I am really able to commit to regularly.
So there you have it. The six things I (try to) do every day. I hope you will find these tips helpful. Let me know what your do as part of your everyday routine!