It always seems to happen. You bake a cake, coat it with frosting, and still have half a container left. So what's one to do with all the leftovers? I confess, I generally just take a spoon to it, but since that may not be the best choice.... I will give you a few other ideas.
1) Use it to make fudge. There are a ton of different recipes out there to try. One of simple recipe is to microwave 1 tub of frosting (any flavor) for one minute, add 1 cup of peanut butter and microwave it for an additional minute or until smooth. Add some nuts and then pour into a lined or greased dish and refrigerate until set.
2) Spread it on graham crackers, rice cakes, or even toasted pound cake. Add some marshmallows, peanut butter, banana, or sliced strawberries for an extra special dessert.
3) Microwave it for a minute and then use as a chocolate fondue. You can dip strawberries, pineapple, cookies, cake, marshmallows, or pretzels (orange slices might be good as well).
4) Make a faux ice cream sandwich by putting frosting between two crackers or cookies then roll sides in crushed nuts and freeze.
5) Warm it and drizzle over your cold coffee drinks, or milkshakes. This could be very good with other flavor frosting as well.
So which one will you try? What other ideas could you add to this list? I would love to hear from you!
If you haven't already, be sure to subscribe!