So you have made the decision to head to Williamsburg, VA with your family. Great choice! Williamsburg is such a family friendly place to visit. There are so many great sites nearby to visit. There is so much more to see than what I have listed here, so be sure to check out the visitor center once you get there!
- If your are visiting for the first time, Colonial Williamsburg is a must! If you are traveling on a budget, it is helpful to know that you can enter the historic area for free. Enjoy a walk admiring the colonial homes, picnic on the Palace Green, visit the stocks and pillory, or browse through the street market. You can also see the Fife and Drums, street performances and even a few of the shops for free. If you are looking for the educational material, I do recommend buying a pass. Your family might also enjoy one of the evening ghost walks through the town.
- Jamestown Settlement has some wonderful hands on activities for the whole family. You can visit the glass blowers for free, and take a stroll along the beautiful James River.
- Yorktown is a famous battlefield of the Revolutionary war. Visit Yorktown Victory Center for more educational fun and learn about what military life was like in the 1780's. Discount passes are available for the historic triangle.
- Be sure to stop by Yankee Candle Village! My family spent almost a full day checking out this amazing store. While Yankee Candle is the star at this shopping village, there is indeed so much more to see. An adorable animatronic show in the town clock plays numerous times throughout the day. See the Christmas store where it snows every 4 minutes and Santa roams around visiting his little friends. Sample some fudge from the delightful fudge shop, or make your own wax candle or wax mold of your hand (fee involved for this activity). Or just enjoy shopping in the many small shops in the village.
- Plan to visit Go-Karts Plus. While the go-karts are the main event at this hot-spot, the attraction also features mini golf, blaster boats, bumper cars, mini roller coasters and more.
- Busch Gardens is the ultimate in family fun. Take a stroll around the world and enjoy a day packed with rides and shows. The kids will love Sesame Streets Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons. You thrill seekers will love all the fabulous coasters throughout the park. I highly recommend visiting the Festhaus Kaffee located in Germany (Oktoberfest) for a great meal and show. The sausage meal is fabulous!
- For those visiting during the heat of the summer, be sure to cool down at Water Country USA. Flex passes are available for Water Country USA and Busch Gardens.
If you have a suggestion for someplace you consider a "must-see" for Williamsburg, please let me know! I would love to add it to my list! Also be sure to visit Virginia Beach Family Fun for more great information on the area along with currently running deals.
I would love it if you would follow me!
Linking up at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop, Create It Thursday,