Happy Monday! I am so excited for today! A TIPical Day is turning 1!To celebrate, I have something special for you, but first I want to tell you about my new favorite white sauce! This stuff is amazing and so versatile and is very low calorie!
Several weeks ago while playing on Pinterest, I stumbled upon this recipe from PK Pantry for a Creamy Cauliflower Sauce.
I was instantly intrigued. I made it that night, adding it to some leftover ham, green beans, and brown rice pasta. It was AMAZING! Rich, creamy, delicious, exactly what I would want from a white sauce; and no it doesn't taste like cauliflower! Here are a few other ways you can try using it:
- Replace creamed soups in recipes with it.
- Add cheese for a yummy Alfredo Sauce
- Pour it over sauteed spinach to make a healthy creamed spinach.
- Mix it with homemade marinara sauce for a delicious blush sauce
- Use as a sauce for a white pizza. Mmm this would be so good with a spaghetti squash crust, sausage and spinach!
- Mix it with pesto for a new twist
- Pour it over shrimp or scallops
- Add it to your lasagna
- Use it over enchiladas
- Use as a base for Mac and Cheese.
- I think it may even work in a pasta or tuna salad in place of mayonnaise. I haven't tried that yet, but plan to shortly. I will let you know what I think of it.
If you are not avoiding dairy, here is another version that you might enjoy from Pinch of Yum.
Now onto our anniversary surprise....As you know I have been on The Virgin Diet for about 8 months now. The biggest struggle has been trying to find recipes that are suitable for this diet. I spend a good deal of time converting recipes so that I can use them. I am so excited that, J.J. Virgin, has put together a new cookbook to accompany her book, The Virgin Diet. The cookbook is due to be released tomorrow. I am giving away a free copy hot off the presses to one lucky reader. You can enter using my new rafflecopter widget. :) US residences only.
Good luck and be sure to pass the word onto your friends!
Linked up at linkyhere.com, Living the Mom Life, Homework Giveaway Party, Manic Monday Linky Party, More the Merrier Monday, AtoZ Tutorials, Tutorial Tuesday, Homemade Tuesdays, Whimsy Wednesdays, Krafty Inspiration Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, What's It Wednesday, Friday Pin Fest , Let's Get Real Friday, Four Seasons Blog Hop, Say G'Day Saturday